We took my 5-year-old to the dentist last week and he had to get a tooth pulled. Poor guy was very upset about the whole thing. But, when he saw something about the tooth fairy on tv he got super excited.
Pinterest there were tons of cute monster pillows with a little pocket to hold money. Perfect! This is how I made mine...
2. Cut your felt pieces. I'm guessing mine are about: (2) 5 x 5.5 inches in blue, (2) 5 x 3.25 inches in blue, (2) 1.5 inches triangles in white, (1) 1.25 circle inches white, and (1) .75 inches in black (or iron-on material)
3. Make a felt sandwich. Layer (1) 5 x 3.25 inches piece, (2) triangles side-by-side as shown, and (1) 5 x 3.25 inches piece.
4. Sew along the edge about .25 inches from the edge. Turn right side out and it should look like this.
5. Make a bow. I did this by making one longer piece of ribbon into a circle and wrapping an shorter piece of ribbon around it going the other direction. Sew the "bow-tie" onto the piece below the triangles.
6. Attach the white and black circles to one of the 5 x 5.5 inch pieces as shown (about an inch from the top). Mine are one white piece of felt sewn on in an "x" and a black iron-on piece ironed on-top of that.
7. Make another felt sandwich. Place the piece with the eye, the piece with the teeth (line up with bottom), and then the other 5 x 5.5 piece.
8. Pin them together. Sew along sides and bottom.
9. Stuff with fiber fill.
10. Fold 4 pieces of ribbon (about 4 inches each) in half. Tuck and pin them inside the monster's head. Sew the top shut through the fabric and ribbons.
Let me know if you have questions. Hope your kiddos like it as much as mine!