Sunday, June 1, 2014

Great to be 8 LDS Baptism Party Printables

Summer is here! My kids are out of school - I'm not sure whether to be scared or excited about that. :) I'm loving the sunshine. My freckles are proof! So, I thought it would be a great time to show this bright and cheery party I designed.


This set is designed for an LDS baptism celebration. Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints aren't baptized until they're 8 years old. So, I thought it would be fun to design a party set based on the "Great to be 8" theme.


The little party favor baskets I made are my favorite part! I tied the favor tags that come in the set around a simple paper basket. The baskets are so adorable and easy to make! I used this great tutorial. But, I adjusted my overall paper size to 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches and folded every 1 1/2 inches.

I love how they turned. It shows a great way to use the printable patterns that come in the party set.


I have to give my sister credit for the idea to make this banner a flower one! The trick to stringing them is a hot glue gun.


Isn't this sign so fun? When my daughter turns 8, I might hang it on her door for her birthday. Then she could keep it in her room that year too.


These cupcake toppers are 2 inches in diameter, like my others. But they seem bigger because the cupcakes are mini. I was thrilled to find the store happened to have the perfect yellow and turquoise frosted cupcakes for sell. Yum!


All my party sets come with fill-in invitation cards. Sometimes I have people request custom text on these and the food labels. Of course, that takes longer. So, I charge a customization fee. But, did you know you can do it yourself? This website makes it possible. Just upload your photo, add text and save. I think it's a great tool for those who don't have Photoshop.


Here's all the files that come in the set. I try to cover everything you might need. But, I still get requests for things. So, I plan to do some posts showing how to use the kit contents for some different things, like the favor baskets.


I also have a coordinating printable baptism memory book that's been pretty popular in my shop. I would make a great gift or keepsake. So, what do you think? Would you ever throw a "Great to be 8" party?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just an amazing party. Thanks a ton for sharing the photos. I am in love with all these party details. The birthday banner that you made here is so cute. At some local LA event venues I am also going to attend a grand birthday party. Hoping to see such stunning decorations there!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, You Made a Comment!