Monday, November 1, 2010

Poison Ivy

I hope you had a great halloween! We did...trick-or-treating, carving pumpkins, watching the Great Pumpkin, and a little party.

This awkward picture kind of explains why I haven't posted for a while. After going on vacation I was in a mad rush to make our halloween costumes.
I decided instead of making a dress for my poison ivy costume I was just going to make a skirt, a vine, and spray paint some boots green. (I know it's surprising I didn't want to walk around in a sleeveless swim suit). It turned out to be a bigger project than I thought. On the up-side I now have an outfit for St. Patty's day, the jolly green giant, or a leprechaun.

Our 1 year old was Robin. I made him a cape, mask and little vest with an "R" on it to go over his green sleeper. Our 3 year old got a store-bought batman costume. My husband was Joker. We bought him a purple thrift-store jacket, dyed some white pants purple...hair and make-up and done.

What did you dress-up as? Do you make your own costumes too?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I made ours. I think deep down I'm a sadist. I get some sick kick out of panicking at the last minute to get it done.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, You Made a Comment!