Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Home Staging

We have been a little hesitant to say anything... like if you tell a wish it won't come true. However, since our goal is to put our house on the market March 1st I guess it's time to face reality. We are trying to sell our house - by owner.

The idea of it scares and excites me. So, to deal with it all I have been working on staging and photographing each room in the house...one a week.
This is what I started with last weekend.
After cleaning, scrubbing, spackling and painting this is where I ended up. I know you can't see the inside of the fridge or oven in these pictures but I am hoping it will save a little work later.
Here's another area of the kitchen.
I took our larger table out just for the picture. Thank you HGTV. Hopefully all those late nights watching Designed to Sell will pay off!

Has anyone else tried to sell their own home? Any tips or advice?

2 comments:

  1. If you plan to sell for sale by owners, find out in your area how to get it listed in the multiple listing service. Usually there are agents that will do so for a nominal fee and the exposure is crucial (as well as Trulia and Realtor.com). Having wide angle shots of the rooms are important since 94% of buyers look online first. Good to plan ahead like you are - good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, You Made a Comment!