Saturday, September 17, 2011

Kitchen Re-do: Part 1

The kitchen is done... Well, for now. Part 2 will hopefully be next year after we get a tax return.

We would like to replace the tile. It's cracked pretty badly. We would also like to replace the countertop and backsplash. Surprisingly, I'm not digging the forest green. Also the forest green sink, leaky faucet, and fish hardware has to go. But, considering our budget I am happy with Part 1.

BEFORE

AFTER

My in-laws gave us the white pantry you can see in the right corner. We put it together and replaced the wooden handles with silver hardware. I like how much brighter and cleaner it is than the wooden one we had there before.

BEFORE

BEFORE

Here is a detail of the wall by the door. There were such huge holes in our walls when we moved in, painting was a must. Love how calming the gray is.

AFTER

I love the cheery yellow fabric I used for the kitchen window. A friend gave me a ton of it and I have used it for so many things. You can also see my dry-erase calendars and barstools in this photo.

BEFORE

AFTER

I didn't do much to this area yet... that will be Part 2. But, I did paint above the sink forest green. I thought it was distracting were the backsplash ended.

Notice the toaster oven is gone? I had been looking for the perfect fabric for a cover, when my in-laws gave us the white pantry. It is bigger than our old pantry and had just enough room for the toaster oven. Yay!

BEFORE

AFTER

Our dining area makes me happy! You can see the wanna-be china hutch I painted and gallery wall in this photo... two of my favorite house projects so far.

BEFORE

AFTER

Here is a shot of the curtains I made. I used sheets again but this time added a little yellow ribbon edge. This also shows my easy centerpiece. I didn't use the place-mats in this photo but we use them all the time.

Awww... feels so good to have this room put together! I had a bit of panic recently realizing I only have 2 months until delivery and the budget is shot. So, the next several rooms will probably be faster, simpler, and more creative since I will be rushing to finish and using things on hand.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! it's so amazing what a new coat of paint will do for a room. My kitchen has been demolished and is getting rebuilt at the moment! I can't wait to start decorating and using it when it's ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang gir, you made those pennies work. It looks awesome. I love the frame series. Take a closeup!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, You Made a Comment!