Friday, March 9, 2012

Butterfly Mobile

I got the supplies for this project... embroidery hoops from the thrift store, strips of white fabric to cover them with, kite string, die-cut butterflies, and a glue gun. Then I turned it over to my friend Sarah to work her magic.

Didn't it turn out lovely? Right after I hung it my husband said it's like it raining in the nursery. The baby loves to look at it move when the heater comes on.

Here's a little close-up. It's so hard to capture how cool this is.

I added these ones to the wall behind the crib to make it even more of a focal point. I just rolled a little masking tape up and stuck to the middle of the butterfly die-cuts. Then, folded the wings up so they look like they are flying up the wall.

Here is a better photo by the same talented photographer friend who made the mobile, Sarah.

2 comments:

Yay, You Made a Comment!