Thursday, April 19, 2012

Egg-Free Carrot Cookies

These cookies are soft and yummy! If you like carrot cake, I think you'll really enjoy these. Even my picky husband and kids liked them. Let me know if you try it.

I'm so excited that they turned out because I came up with this recipe on my own. Can you tell I'm proud? I did it by looking up what things people usually put in carrot cake and using what I know about making cookies from cake mixes. I'm feeling brave now. Maybe I'll make up some more recipes!
Ingredients:
1 carrot cake mix
1/2 c. applesauce
1/2 c. finely shredded carrots
1/2 c. softened butter (margarine would probably work too)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tub cream cheese frosting or try my cream cheese frosting here

Directions:
1. Gather your ingredients (see above).
2. Mix the wet ingredients together (applesauce, carrots, & butter).
3. Add and mix the dry ingredients (cake mix & baking powder).
4. Scoop the dough into balls and drop it on a cookie sheet. This dough is sticky and will need room to spread when baking.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
6. Frost and decorate with cream cheese frosting. I just added green and orange food coloring to the extra frosting and made a little carrot using a sandwich bag with the corner cut out. It's a nice detail that doesn't take long or much decorating skill.
Enjoy! Store them in a container with a lid to keep them moist.
Somewhat SimplePhotobucket

2 comments:

  1. I ate the last one today! It was so so good. Thanks again for bringing them in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is and also to let you know that I am now following you. Please pop on over to my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Yay, You Made a Comment!