Thursday, September 2, 2010

Playhouse: Planning & Structure

Guess what? I started the playhouse! Finally!Quite a while ago I drew up this rough plan. It's nice to have a reference before I start but every time I look at it I think, "am I crazy? I am in way over my head!" I crossed out part because I decided I wanted to do something fun on the inside of the playhouse at the two ends, instead of so much on the outside.The other day I cut my fabric. I have seen some made out of felt, like Jill's. However, I decided to go with cotton fabric for the structure and bought each of these for $3 at Walmart. One twin size was almost the perfect size for the walls to fit around my table. I used brown for the "roof" and have plenty of leftover.

On a side note, did you know you can buy felt on a huge, long roll at the craft store? Most of it was $4.99 a yard + 40% off yesterday. You're right, Cristina much cheaper than buying rectangles!

Any questions on how to measure or plan? There will be plenty more playhouse projects to come. I hope you're up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, You Made a Comment!