I have done tons of research and felt like this was the best, budget-friendly option I could find for up-dating laminate countertops. I made a video to share the whole process with you.
I'm not a professional and this was my first time trying this. So, your results may vary.
Check out this awesome green sink! It was sure heavy to take out. I'm surprised how much I love my new faucet.
1. Prepare your home for dust & concrete.
2. Sand & clean your countertop to accept the feather finish.
3. Apply feather finish in about 4 thin, even layers.
4. Let it dry about 3 hours between layers.
5. Sand & clean your countertop between layers.
6. Apply 2 coats of 511 Impregnator about 1 hour apart. Cure for 24 hours.
7. Apply 3 coats of Safecoat Acrylaq in even strokes.
8. Let it dry about 3 hours between coats.
9. Sand between coats. But, not after final coat.
10. Cure for 24 hours.
I go through the entire process quite thoroughly in the video. So, I won't write too much more about it here. I also share the top 3 things I'd do differently.
One of my favorite things is how the white outlets blend in so much better with the white backsplash instead of sticking out like a sore thumb.
I can't take credit for the original idea. Check out these other great blogs to read about their experiences:
1. Young House Love - Process >> Young House Love - Sealing Countertops
2. A Beautiful Mess >> A Beautiful Mess Using Ghostshield
3. Kara Paisley Designs
4. Design, Dining, Diapers
5. Little Green Notebook
6. Blesser House
If you decide to take a crack at this, please leave a comment with your tips. Good luck!