Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Gray Painted Cabinet

I stopped by one of my favorite and most inspiring blogs today and saw this fun mystery thrift-off application. I just love this idea! Go check out the Better After blog for details.

Anyway, I started to fill out all the entry info and when I got to the part about entering your blog address I kind of cringed. I have been such a slacker here since I started my Etsy shop! So, I'm going to start going through all my pics today and actually posting those DIY projects I've been working on over the past couple years. :)


First up is this corner cabinet I did last fall. My hubby brought this beauty home from the thrift store one day because apparently the hutch I painted before wasn't sturdy enough "in case of an earthquake".

This thing sat in my kitchen like this for probably a year! I hated it. But, I just couldn't decide what to do with it. This thing has wood mixed with some kind of MDF type stuff and it just wasn't working for me.

I thought about staining the wood a little darker, painting the outside white, adding stripes, trying wallpaper inside... Finally, one day I decided enough is enough. I'm just going to paint it and replace the hardware.


So, there you have it. Sometimes you just need to go for it! I love how it turned out. I think the gray makes it more timeless and sophisticated. It's not the wowzy piece I had in mind at first. But, I didn't necessarily want it to steal the show anyway. Besides, if I decide I don't like it, I can always change it later, right?



One of the biggest changes was cleaning all the dishes and re-arranging them. I grouped them by type of dish and color. Isn't it great how simple changes can make a big difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, You Made a Comment!