Monday, May 21, 2012

Egg-free Chocolate Cookies with Cherry Chips

I was having a major sweet tooth the other day but didn't want to go out and buy anything. It was also the day of the week when I do my grocery shopping so there wasn't any yummy ingredients in the house except some cherry chips and 1/4 cup of cocoa. Hmmm...

So I invented another recipe! I did the same thing as I have before; looked up some ideas and adapted to what I had & wanted. Unlike my carrot cookies, these didn't come out perfect the first time. They needed more chocolate for my liking. So, I'll recommend a few changes in the recipe. Here you go...


Ingredients:
1/4 c. margarine or butter (softened)
3/4 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. sour cream
1/3 c. milk
1 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa (I only used 1/4 c. that wasn't enough)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. cherry chips (I only used 3/4 c. cherry chips & no chocolate)
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Blend the margarine & sugar.
2. Add sour cream and milk.
3. Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
4. Mix in the chips.
5. Spoon onto cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.

This makes about 2 dozen cookies. Check back later this week for my adaptation of this recipe for the perfect egg-free chocolate chip cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay, You Made a Comment!