Monday, July 5, 2010

DIY Bedroom Makeover

Welcome to our bedroom! Just about everything was a DIY project.My husband's biggest request is we had to keep the brown comforter. I wanted to get a new bedroom set but we couldn't afford to replace any of the furniture. So, after I got help choosing a color palette, this is what I came up with.BEFOREAFTER
The biggest project was painting all furniture and replacing the hardware. Here is a better picture of the night-stand. I took step-by-step photos of painting one of the drawers. Would that be helpful or is it pretty self-explanatory? *UPDATE* Here are painting directions.BEFOREAFTER
Here is how I did the candle wraps. I really love how it turned out. I wish my photos were better. It is such a nice, relaxing place now.BEFOREAFTER
Follow these links for the large silhouette artwork, the smaller framed art, and the pillows. I used the same pillow covers for the large pillows but I adjusted the size.

Some of the projects you can't see in these images are my box labels and curtains. If you like DIY room makeovers, check out this kitchen too.

Hope you had a Happy Independence Day!
Linked to Motivate Me Monday and...

12 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 05, 2010

    I'd like to see the step-by-step photos of prepping the drawer for painting. Looks great! I would never want to replace that bed. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I see it finished I am so glad we kept everything. Pretty crazy that I wanted to replace it, huh? I will post those step-by-step photos sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks really great! I may be calling for advice soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The furniture looks fantastic! I especially adore the dresser. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This all turned out WONDERFUL! You did a fantastic job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. L.O.V.E this! So amazing! I'm so glad you were featured on Better After, so that I could find your blog! Excited to follow you on your crafting and making adventures : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing what a coat of white paint can do? Everything looks great and brown & blue are a wonderful color combinaton...not to masculine, not too girly! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It never ceases to amaze me what a coat of paint can do. WHAT. A. DIFFERENCE. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog from Better After & oh my goodness I am so glad because they featured your bedroom and the silhouettes which i'm obsessed with and have been wanting to make and I am SO happy that I am now going to SOON! Love your bedroom dresser as well, i'm dying to find an old dresser and renew it so beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Erica! Here are my instructions for the framed silhouettes. For those who don't use illustrator I think these instructions are the easiest for making the silhouette part. It sounds like you have some fun projects ahead of you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For instructions on painting furniture go here for mine and here for a good video.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, You Made a Comment!